You will need:
- Labrador template (see below or right click and ‘save as’ from this link – Tree Decoration Template )
- Scissors or craft knife
- Hole punch
- Ribbon or string
- You can either draw your own template or print off the handy template below – Adjust the size of the shape that you want – or make a range of sizes!
- Cut out your decorations using a range of different types of card- I have used recycled cardboard packaging, old shoeboxes as well as thicker card from larger boxes
- Punch a hole in the middle of the back of your Labrador
- Decorate – I have used spray paints as well as craft paints and a paintbrush.
- Leave to dry
- Add your decorative ribbon and hang on your tree!
You can add:
- Using recycled packaging is quick and easy – but you could use MDF craft shapes – you can buy these from craft shops as well as online (from a well known auction site)
If you are using an MDF craft shape you can cover your templates with gilding foil – available in books of leaves in gold and copper from craft shops and online (a well known auction site) but you will also need:
- Gilding Size (adhesive to make the foil sheet stick)
- A paintbrush for the size (adhesive)
- A soft cloth to burnish the foil leaf onto the template
- A clear varnish or wax to seal it
- With a marker pen you can add the name of your dog – why not use gold or silver….or even glitter!
- You can add ribbon around the neck for a collar
- You can add a small bell too
- You can get really creative with old gift wrap and “decoupage” your template, but you will also need:
- PVA glue
- A paintbrush
- A soft cloth to smooth out any wrinkles or air bubbles